Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jewelry, Gems, and Jesus

And away we go !!

This blog is being created as a place where people can come to learn a little bit more about jewelry and gems and how (over the past 26 years) I have seen Jesus in my work as a retail jewelry designer, jewelry manufacturer and jewelry repairman. It is my hope that as you read through the coming posts that it will inspire you to look for Jesus in the work that you do. Because I believe that if you look for Jesus you will find Him.....even at work !

Exactly what I will be talking about will become more apparent as you read but I want to give you a little bit of information. Sometimes when I am executing a certain procedure, viewing a certain gem or discover one of it's properties, or hear of some news in the jewelry industry, etc......I think about how they compare to certain ways, characteristics, or the Good News of Jesus. I hope you'll find these observations interesting and enlightening.


So here's the deal...

I would ask just one thing of you and that is this: Please forgive the inevitable seemingly shameless plugs for The Karat Patch in Big Spring, Texas. It is after all the family owned and operated business where I work and experience the things I will be writing about. I'll repay you by giving you really good knowledge about jewelry, gems and precious metals, and hopefully the inspiration to find Jesus in it all.

NEXT POST:

Lone Star Cut gems and the Star out of Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment